Wednesday 11 June 2014

Production Log 2

Summarise the key points you made this week within your role:
This week, the job roles were handed out. I got the job of being the director, which I was more than pleased about since I had applied for this job for many reasons, including that fact that I want to be a news anchor when I’m older, therefore I believe having some form of experience now will definitely benefit me in the future. However, due to complications within A Level exams, I wasn’t in for two lessons out of four in the week, alongside the other presenter – therefore the rest of the group had to do the running order and fill us in afterwards so we could catch up, which turned out to be fine.

What was the group’s response to your ideas/progress?
They completely understood that the situation cannot have been avoided since they were exams and that even though I had an exam on the day I still came in to lesson on Wednesday, regardless of the fact that I should have had exam leave, therefore when I could I did in fact come into lesson so that I didn’t miss anything if it were possible. Also, altogether the group were impressed with my ideas since they decided to use my overall concept to fit their show, which I found very flattering and so they had a very positive response to me this week.

What has been successful this week?
According to everybody that was in lesson, completing the running order had turned out to be successful as it was quickly uploaded onto everybody’s blog. I do know for certain that at the beginning of the week, there was a successful production meeting as everybody had both improvements and great points to fit with their own ideas and altogether, the meetings were very insightful, even though it took up three lessons.

What did you need to change or develop and why?
Within my idea, the group had unanimously decided that my games needed changing, so they had decided to include ideas from nearly every pitch that we had seen. Therefore that was the only element, so far, that needed to develop. It developed positively, however, as the whole show overall has improved massively thanks to everyone working together to create this.

What do you intend to do next week?
Next week I am aiming, alongside TJ, to start and finish the script, as it is essential for everyone’s separate jobs to actually move along with. We should be working with Jasmeet especially, as she is the director so we need to understand her vision and how she wants us to be.

How did you work with your hierarchical peers this week? Was it effective?

I wasn’t in lesson that much to be able to work with Jasmeet, however it is evident that she knew exactly what she was talking about as she filled me in with such detail afterwards and it always helps to have someone filled with knowledge to direct you.

No comments:

Post a Comment